Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Take Your Time Checking Out!

I've always tried really hard to look at the cash register when checking out of a store. There have been so many times items ring up incorrect. Now that I've been doing the grocery game for several months, I'm even more interested to see if items are ringing up correct. Today, I went to CVS to get a few things and sure enough something did not ring up the sale price.

I can't imagine how many times people just walk out of the store unaware that they just overspent because the price didn't ring up correctly. I know I've done it plenty of times only to get home and a few days later to notice the mistake. Then, I have to make a special trip back to the store.

Standing in front of the cash register monitoring every items being scanned can at times be challenging especially when you have kids in the cart, a cell phone going off, and an impatient customer behind you. However, the benefit in the long run is worth the extra effort.

So, if you can avoid bringing the kids, not answering your cell phone, and smiling at the customer behind you, I say take your time checking out! It will save you money!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I think the distractions are the biggest reason I don't try to do the coupon game that much. I can't concentrate and make sure what I think is on sale really is...and if I want to try and do more than one transaction, then it gets to be a real mess. I just tried doing this coupon thing at walmart today with the girls. What a nightmare...and 3 things couponmom said were on sale, were not!

The VanLue House of Happy Chaos said...

Excellent! I caught 2 cashiers in 2 different mistakes yesterday that added up to a savings of over $10 for me!! If you go in prepared and have the calculator ready you can save bunches!!