Monday, January 21, 2008

Vactioning

Each summer, we take a week and do a family vacation. Last year, we went to New York City and had a great time. Actually, that was one of our favorite trips. Other vacations have been spent in Destin, Sacramento, Niagara Falls, Ormond Beach, Orlando, and other various locations.

Well, it is time to plan this summer's family vacation and I'm just at a lost. The kids want to do a cruise, I want to go to Washington and Tim is game for anything.

I would love to know where your favorite family vacation spots are and why. I know it is ultimately going to come down to what is going to suit our family. But, I would love to hear why you choose certain places, what you have enjoyed over the years etc.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know living in Orlando you are probably so over Disney, but we vacation at Disney almost every year! We can't get enough. John's dad went every year since they opened in 1972, sometimes several trips a year. When we lived in Orlando we learned even more things to do at Disney so now when we come back, we know all the "secrets"! We will be back in Sept. again this year! The only other places we have been is Gaitlinburg TN, which is laid back and awesome. I use to vacation with friends on Dale Hollow Lake in TN. Their family would rent a house boat for a week and we would dock at diffent spots throughout the week. It was beautiful! But that was alot of togetherness if you know what I mean. I have always wanted to go to Washington and Williamsburg VA. I am sure whatever you choose it will be great! That cruise sounds pretty good as well . . .I hear the Disney cruises are outstanding and worth every penny! Can't wait to see what you decided to do and hear all about it!

The VanLue House of Happy Chaos said...

I don't have to tell you this...but it's not where you go..it's what you do with the people God's placed around you!! Our fav vacation spot is in Fl. in Naples....because Scott's family had a condo there for years and we went year after year. Mel and Jay now go on their own because of the memories our family made there. I love the fact that we instilled in our kids memories that have inspired them to continue the same for their kids. We also went (go) to North C. in the mountains alot to a place called "Leatherwood Mountain". It's awesome...and a drive. That's the other place my kiddos recommend. Let us know!!

Debi Walter said...

One of our favorite vacations was to Breckenridge, Colorado. Our kids had never seen the Rocky Mountains, and to spend time in the summer mountain biking and white water rafting was amazing. The ski resorts are opened in the summer and rent bikes that fit on the ski lift to take you to the top of the mountain. There are easy slopes to ride down or the more steep ones for those who have a death wish. We found a home to rent on VRBO.com, which stands for Vacation Rentals By Owner. I can't wait to hear what you decide!!!