Thursday, August 30, 2007

While Tim is Away

I'm truly experiencing God's grace this week as Tim has been out of town since last Friday evening. We've been busy with school and getting ready for Celebration South. Josh has not used the drill this week which is a good thing! And, I'm happy to say that he has not super glued his fingers together this week either.

I have to say though, I truly miss Tim. Fortunately, we will see him at Celebration and then he will be back home next Saturday evening. So, when all said and done, he will be away for 11 days. God in His mercy has given me the grace to embrace the time that Tim is away. Since we've been married, Tim has always traveled. So, this is not necessarily new for me.

A quick funny story.. Years ago, when Tim would be out of town, I would begin a home project! Well, let's just say most of the time when he would return, the project would not be complete! Tim never knew what he was coming home to! I don't do that anymore!

I would love to hear your response to some questions I have.

* Does your husband travel or has traveled in the past? How often and for how long? What do you do to occupy your time while he is away? And, is it challenging for you? Do you regularly experience God's grace while he is away?

*If your not married, I would love to hear your thoughts too.

1 comment:

Debi Walter said...

Tammy, yes, Tom has traveled often in our marriage. Many times I'm able to go with him, but when I can't I used to have the kids take turns sleeping with me. They thought it was fun to "camp out with Mom", but I really just didn't like sleeping alone! Now that the kids are all grown, (they just don't want to sleep with me anymore!!) I still hate to sleep alone, so I've found that sleeping on Tom's side of the bed keeps me from feeling like his side of the bed is empty. I know, I know, you would think after 28 years this wouldn't be a problem, but I actually hope it never passes. Missing our husbands is a good thing! I have conquered projects too, but not as often. I remember one time that I decided to redecorate our room including making new valances for my windows. The problem was...I don't sew!! So, what did I do when my plans fell apart? I called Judy Jones and she bailed me out on the sewing part and the men in our homegroup helped me with moving the big objects in and out of the room, hanging the blinds and painting. It was quite an ordeal!