Monday, August 11, 2008

Let The Games Begin!

You are probably thinking I'm talking about the Olympics. Well, even though they have begun and I've loved watching them, I just started the Grocery Game! And it really has been fun. So much so that my husband has said, you are really into this! Yes I am and I'm sure after a couple months he will be thrilled that I've begun this game. Anyhow, I'm collecting coupons, getting my buy one get one free at Publix and CVS and of course using the coupon that goes along with it! So far, I've lowered my grocery bill by $25.00 per week and look forward to it going down even further as I get better at this game.

Question for anyone. I know you can use coupons at Walmart but can you use competitors flyers there too? For instance, if Publix is offering buy one get one free on cereal, can you bring that ad to Walmart and they will honor that?

4 comments:

Erin said...

They don't honor the buy one get one at Wal-Mart they do honor most of the deals. If you change your subscription on the Grocery Game to see Wal-Marts list...you will get a list of maybe 5 different grocery stores and the sales they are having that Wal-Mart WILL honor. So...basically, when you pay for Wal-Marts list you don't get Wal-Marts sales....

Does that make sense?

You see the sales they will honor from other stores.....

Tammy said...

I see thanks. So, I guess on some things it is just better to go to Publix?

Erin said...

I think it is just easier to go to Publix. I can't imagine trying to show the checkout people at walmart all the different ads from other stores...but i've seen people do it. I don't think they honor deals like 2/$5 and then you just buy 1, like you could get away with at Publix (just buying one and using a coupon with it to get it real cheap). I saw a lady trying to do that with pizzas once and it didn't work for her.

The VanLue House of Happy Chaos said...

I've looked at this and it is major confusing to me. I just read a national publication on finance and they said that Super Wal-mart continues to be on the average 28% cheaper than the average grocery prices. I put that with Publix's BOGO's and coupons and that's my "game". Good luck and let me know how it works out! We've cut major $$ from ours just by switching stores and quantities. I come from 'Mississippi Depression blood" where you absolutely, never waste anything and do without if you have to...and I'm amazed as I've hyperventiliated over gas prices at what you can do without from the grocery store! And there's my book for the day!!