Wednesday, November 5, 2008

We Have a New President!

Well, last night marks a very historical milestone in history. Obama, an African American was elected the 44th President of the United States. I can honestly say that I had this huge pit in my stomach last night as the results were confirmed. Not because he is African American, but because of his political and moral views he has. I woke this morning, the pit in my stomach was gone and I began to reflect on how God is sovereign. Yes, I can say that with confidence knowing that God knows all things and this is not a surprise to Him. And then, as Erika and I were talking about the election and the outcome, she said "I'm going to concentrate on how amazing it is to see an African American as President." I love the fact that she is very sensitive and has postured her heart this way. You see one of her good friends is African American, she is currently studying in history/literature for the past 13 weeks on the Civil War, and she would love to open an orphanage someday in Africa. Though I may not agree with Obama's views, I have two choices...to embrace it or reject it. May we find a way to embrace this new season for our country.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Weird. Kinda sounded like my post. :-) Great minds think alike!