Friday, July 13, 2007

Bolivia Testimony - Erika


Well, the last couple days have been spent catching up with Tim and Erika. They had an amazing time in Bolivia. God in His goodness bless them immensely. They have such a heart for the Bolivians. It was a trip they will never forget. In the next couple paragraphs, I will try to convey Erika's message.

Erika expressed to me that the Bolivians simple way of life really inspired her. "There is little temptation to worldliness." Their means of living is very modest and frugal. "They appreciate what they do have and are very happy people." For almost two weeks, Erika was able to live like a Bolivian. She was humbled by their generosity and freshly aware of how privilege she really is! And, how easily she can take advantage of that.

Also, Erika was amazed at how the Bolivian people serve unconditionally. True servanthood is when you serve without being asked, doing it without any expectations and serving when it is least convenient. This is something the Bolivians do each and every day. Erika went to serve and she was the direct beneficiary of being served!

This testimony from Erika has provoked me to consider how I actually live from day to day. Am I being a true servant of Christ? Am I drawn to wordliness and the luxuries of life?

What does this all look like for us?

Check back as I will convey Tim's message tomorrow.

1 comment:

Katherine Peschau said...

The picture is so precious. I had goosebumps while reading her testimony. How amazing, that at such a young age she is learning this. I look forward to hearing more. Thank-you for being so faithful in keeping us updated! Thank-you also for your prayers, that meant a lot to me. See you on Sunday.