Saturday, July 14, 2007

Bolivia Testimony- Tim



Though happy to be home, the Bolivian people made a lasting impression upon Tim. Hopefully, I will be able to convey his message.

Tim's appreciation for the Bolivian people was magnified during his 12 day stay in Entre Rios. He was humbled in many ways that only God knows how it will affect him in years to come.

Tim was inspired at the Bolivians work ethic. He had the privilege of working with a few Bolivians on a project. "It is not uncommon for the men to put in a hard days work and then go and serve somewhere else." In addition, Tim says "the Bolivians work happily, not grumbling and complaining.. they just do it." They work unto the Lord!

Tim was humbled by the fact that the Bolivians have little to work with. "They utilize what little supplies they have." There is not a Home Depot on every corner. So, when you need something you either make due without or you think creatively. They needed lumber one day so they chopped down a tree and made lumber!

Once again, this testimony has provoked me to consider how I live from day to day. Am I working with all my heart and doing it unto the Lord? And, do I really appreciate all that I have? Or is grumbling and complaining part of my day?

What does this all look like for us? Consider it for a moment..

2 comments:

Peg Ballinger said...

Thank you again, Tammy for all your work in doing this blog for us. It was so much fun to communicate through this while our families were gone. I felt connected to you guys... And the pictures really show what was going on down there! Tim and Ericka did a great job taking some good ones! Love to all...

Tammy said...

Thanks Peggy for your kind words. I had a lot of fun doing this and really felt a part of their trip. I also felt very connected to all you!